How good is India for Surgery and Medical Treatment
The number of foreign patients seeking medical treatments in India are increasing every year by over 20%. This in itself is testimony to the excellent medical facilities and services available in India and at prices only about 10% of what it would cost in the advanced countries.
The saying "First world medical treatment at third world prices" best describes the medical facilities and treatment in India. We think this is absolutely correct. The average cost of surgery in top Indian private hospitals are given below. We also give the name and web address of the top Indian private hospitals recommended for these specialist surgeries.
Cost for bypass surgery in India
To compare the costs of open heart bypass surgery in India, let us start with the cheapest and simplest of heart surgeries, the coronary angiogram and angioplasty.
The average cost of an angiogram in a top Indian private hospital is $600 compared to about $4000 in the US. The cost of Coronary Angioplasty with Stenting in India $4000 compared to $20,000- in the USA and the cost of heart bypass surgery in India is $5,000- compared to $30,000- in USA. Please note that these costs are only given as a guideline and are the average costs of surgeries in India in some good hospitals in India and the USA. Top hospitals in India and USA can charge much higher rates.
Best hospital for heart bypass surgery in India
- Asian Heart hospital Mumbai Website
- The Asian Heart Hospital hit headlines recently when it was chosen to conduct a repair or a redo heart bypass surgery on the Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
- Apollo Hospital Website
- The Apollo group hospitals are recognised as one of the best hospitals in India for a heart surgery.
- Wockardt Hospital Website
- The Wockardt group Hospital are famous Indian Hospitals well known for heart surgeries.
- Escort Heart Institute, New Delhi Website
- Escort Heart Institute, New Delhi is considered the best hospital in Delhi for heart surgery
- Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore Website
- Narayana Hrudayalaya in Bangalore is a world famous heart surgery hospital and holds the world record for the maximum number of heart surgeries carried out in a year. They do more than 6000 heart operations in a year and about half of them are on children with severe heart problems. Check out this BBC article on Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore
Cost of dental implant in India, tooth implant cost India
The cost of Dental surgery in India is cheap compared to the superb dental work you get done in India.
India has many dental colleges and India produces every year more dentists than anywhere else in the world. Many Indian Dentists were grabbed by US, UK and other European Countries from early 1960's when there was a shortage of dentists in those countries. These Indian Dentists were working in the leading Medical Institutions in US and UK and many of them got the highest dental qualifications from those countries. Most of these Dentists returned to India after their contract periods of 10 to 20 years were over and set up super Dental clinics all over India. It is to these Dental Clinics that many patients from US, UK, Europe, etc. rush to have their dental work done in India. All types of dental procedures like Prosthodontics, crowns, bridges, veneers, implants, dentures, Implant-supported prosthesis, etc. are all carried out in India by highly qualified dentists many of them with many years work experience in countries like USA and UK.
Dental Surgery, especially dental cosmetic surgery, is excluded from the health insurance policies of advanced countries. To have this type of dental work done in their countries would cost them a fortune, so they chose to come to India and get their dental work done with any one of the many dental clinics run by dentists who have returned to India after having worked in the US or Uk for many years.
Communicating with your doctor or dentist is a big advantage in India, because not only is the doctor fluent in English but also almost every one of their staff.
Cost of dental work in India
Cost of dental implants in India is anywhere from $1000- to $3000- per tooth implant, depending on the quality of the implants used and the reputation of the Dentist doing it in India. This is much cheaper than in the US or UK where the costs can be anywhere from $10,000- onwards.
Cost of laser eye surgery in India, Cost of Lasik surgery in India
Many Indian eye specialists were on contract with countries like USA and UK where they worked in the leading eye hospitals there and got the highest qualifications available in those countries. They have since returned to India and set up many eye hospitals all over India. These eye hospitals are very good run by highly skilled eye surgeons of India and carry out advanced eye surgeries like laser Lasik eye surgery and Phacoemulsification cataract surgeries in India. Many foreign tourists come to India for eye treatment while on their holidays in India.
Cost of laser eye Lasik surgery in India costs about $ 600- in some of the good eye hospitals in India. Cost Phaco cataract surgery in India costs about the $800- per eye depending on the type of the artificial eye lens implant you choose.
Cost of different surgeries in India, Surgeries that can be done in India with costs
- Cost of bariatric surgery in India, gastric bypass cost in India
- Gastric bypass surgery is one of the many weight loss surgeries generally referred to as Bariatric surgery. When normal weight loss methods such as dieting and exercise is not working and you have excessive weight then bariatric surgery is good alternative for weight loss. Bariatric surgery includes surgeries like gastric bypass, lap band, and sleeve gastrectomy surgery. The cost of bariatric surgery in India is about one tenth of the costs in USA and UK.
- Cost of plastic surgery in India and cost of cosmetic surgery in India
- The cost in India for plastic surgery and cosmetic plastic surgery is very cheap when compared to the US and other advanced countries. Most of the good plastic surgeons in India have high qualifications from the top medical schools in US and worked there for some years. So the standards of surgeries in India are top class even rivalling those from most expensive hospitals in USA.
- Cost of nose jobs in India - Rhinoplasty Surgery in India
- The price in India for Nose plastic surgery is USD 1200 to 2500 depending on the extent of changes required for the nose
Other pages in our website www.IndiaEnjoy.com
Below are links to all the pages on this website and we hope you will make full use of all the great information about India. So please 'Enjoy India' through our website IndiaEnjoy.com